About Professor Yagnaswami Sundara Rajan
Professor Yagnaswami Sundara Rajan (Y. S. Rajan) born on April 17, 1944, in Kottaram near Tirunelveli. Dr. Y. S. Rajan has completed their school from St Xavier’s High School Palayamkottai, Tamil Nadu and Last year of schooling in S.I.E.S High School, K and higher education from Bombay. In 1964 he has received a post-graduate degree in physics with electronics from the University of Bombay. Prof. Y. S. Rajan started his carrier from the Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) Ahemadabad as a research scholar and contributed significantly in the fields of science, technology, research, space technology, and business management. These are not limited to several sustainable institutions and mechanisms were created by his efforts and leadership and In 2012, He has been awarded Padma Shri for his contribution to Science and Engineering .
Professor Rajan is not the handiest researcher, technology and policymaker he is also an amazing creator. His efforts are top-notch to improve the society in phrases of training and technology, the books he has written at the numerous difficulty inclusive on, technology, commercial enterprise, kids, management, social and ethical problems. Sundara Rajan is one of the famous scientists, who’s a co-author of books and has intently labored with Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, former President of India. together with the scholarly article, his coronary heart is complete of emotions, feelings that came out via his seven books of poetry in Bhartiya languages. He knows Hindi, English, Tamil, Gujarati, and Marathi.
YS Rajan till recently was Honorary Distinguished Professor ISRO / DOS, with an office at the ISRO Headquarters and also was Chairman, the BOG of NIT Manipur. He continues to be a member of the Governing Council of M S Ramaiah Univ of Applied Sciences and a few other Univ’s. He advises The Jain Univ Bangalore. he’s a member of the global regulation affiliation. Member of India worldwide Centre. he’s associated intently with many industry bodies like CII, IMTMA, etc, he is a Fellow of Indian Academy of Engineers and additionally Fellow of world Academy of artwork & Science( WAAS). Prof. Rajan gives interactive lectures, enterprise seminars at various universities for scholars. he’s the Chairman of the DST approving committee for the program era Interventions for the Disabled and Elderly (TIDE) and also serves in some of AICTE committees .
BOOKS Written by Professor Y S Rajan:
- Mission For 21st Century – Living With Nature In The modern world
- Saswathamaya Anandam Kaivarikam
- Way Beyond The Three Rs: India’s Educational Challenge in the 21st Century
- Building a New India
- The Scientific Indian
- Discover Your Power Quotient – A Modern Arthasastra for those who want to be powerful
- Vetri A to Z – Tamil Version Of “A To Z Of Success”
- Shaktipunj Bhaaratvaasi (Hindi Translation Of Empowering Indians)
- Safalata Ke 400 Sutra (Hindi Translation Of A To Z For Success)
- Science Communication In the 21st Century
- A To Z Of Success: A Companion For Youth
- Human Knowledge & Happiness
- Global Business Technology And Knowledge Sharing: Lessons For Developing Country Enterprises
- Choosing Career Paths (Science For Knowledge Society Series)
- Empowering Indians: With Economic, Business And Technology Strengths For The Twenty-First Century
- INDIA 2020: A Vision For The New Millennium
- Remote Sensing
- In Pursuit Of Happiness
- India 2020: A vision for the New Millennium
- Vignanam Nanbana Ethiriya? (Science – Friend Or Foe?)
- Bharat 2020 Aur uskebaad: Aneywale kal ki tasveer
- Mahashakti Bharat
Read his Poetry: Click here for BOOKS & POETRY (http://www.ysrajan.com/index.php/poetry)
Immediate Past Key Positions of Professor Y S Rajan:
Honorary Distinguished Professor, ISRO / Department of Space, Bangalore
Chairman, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Manipur
Current Key Positions:
- Vice President, Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing [http://FGKS.in]
- Advisory role and Membership of Apex Boards or Councils for several other Institutions
- Member, GC, M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (MSRUAS), Bangalore
- Member Advisory Board at Jain University, Bangalore
- Member, GC in a few other Universities
- Member, GC, Aruthchelvar Dr. Mahalingam Translation Institute, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
Key academic qualifications and professional affiliations:
- Masters in Physics from Bombay University (1964), a top Ranker
- Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa) had been conferred by Jain Vishva Bharati Institute in recognition of dedication to humanity, human values, creativity and literature in the presence of H.E. the President of India on 20 October 2005
- Lifetime fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineers, an Apex Academy since 1998
- Lifetime elected member of International Astronautical Academy, Paris since 1986
- Member of the International Law Association, Indian Chapter.
- Member India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Fellow, World Academy of Arts and Science, WAAS.
Held many senior positions by Professor Y S Rajan
Scientific Adviser to Punjab Chief Minister (Minister of State Rank) from Oct 2002 to March 2004.
Secretary to Government of India.
Member of a high-level committee for evolving ethical guidelines on Biomedical Research involving human subjects, set up by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) from 1996 to 2000.
Played the lead role in completing a major exercise for Technology Vision for India up to 2020, organized by TIFAC and led by many industry leaders, technologists, and administrators. Twenty-five documents were dedicated to the nation by the Prime Minister on August 2, 1996, and ultimately resulted in the now-famous book India 2020.
Member of the ‘National Task Force on Information Technology and Software Development constituted under the authority of the office of the Prime Minister during the years 1998-1999.
Chairman, Board of Directors, National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) from 2001 to 2004.
Actively involved in evolving policies and procedures relating to adopting IPR laws in India to the post-WTO/TRIP situation and also in preparing the Indian Industry and institutions to master IPR issues.
NOTE: For more details about Professor Y. S. Rajan visit: http://www.ysrajan.com/
. Pics from facebook page